I desperately want to celebrate being home in my own space and the fact that right now my schedule shows no trips until April. The problem is, I have done that same celebration twice now, and every time I do I end up leaving within a week.
I have a new plan: focus on the negatives of being home, and I’ll get stuck here.
- My room is a mess. In fact, my bag from Hawaii is still sitting partially packed because the space in my closet is filled with all the winter training clothes I had to buy to survive here.
- It is 20 degrees colder and far more wet than any other place I’ve visited.
- All that winter clothing adds 10 minutes to the prep time for a ride.
- My cat puked on my bed while I was gone, and nobody came into my room to see it because there’s a suitcase blocking the entrance.
- If I’m home I don’t have an excuse for missing class.
Still, a few nice things are hard to ignore.
- My Family is here
- I can cook for myself
- Next to the puke is my kitty, and he’s pretty cute. Maybe even worth cleaning up after.